IMEX shows are a microcosm of the business events industry. As the industry tries to figure out just what normal means, the show must go on!
Skift Meetings was on site at IMEX Frankfurt 2023 last week and got to experience first-hand how the business events industry responded to the first post-Covid IMEX show in Europe.
The IMEX shows are a microcosm of the business events industry. A healthy IMEX means a healthy industry. Last year there was still a lot of uncertainty around vaccinations and travel, meaning that many exhibitors and buyers could not be there. This year was different; it was somewhat normal. As the industry tries to figure out just what normal means, the show must go on!
Here are 14 things we learned from IMEX Frankfurt 2023. Make sure you watch the video for more details.
1. New Branding Same Show
2. Overwhelming FOMO – By Design
3. Big Technology Changes
4. Less Focus on Technolgy
5. Core Attendance Drivers Are Unchanged
6. Conversations Create the Buzz
7. The Show Floor Is the Main Stage
8. Activations Everywhere
9. Navigation is a Challenge
10. There are Unwritten Rules
11. Booth Design Reflects Cultural Mix
12. Participant Categories are Complex
13. Content and Deal-Making Don’t Necessarily Mix
14. The Traveling Circus Is Back
See you in October at IMEX America 2023 #IMEX23